Trust is the foundation of our company. Luxuryofhomes Srl believes that the trust of its customers in the protection of personal data is fundamental. Therefore, Luxuryofhomes Srl is committed to complying with applicable data protection laws, taking all measures to ensure their protection and processing in accordance with the relevant regulations.
This statement, made pursuant to Article 13 of the European Regulation on the Processing of Personal Data n.679/2016 (hereinafter, GDPR) on data protection, provides a view of the processing of your data at Luxuryofhomes Srl (hereinafter, "Luxuryofhomes" or "Data Controller").
- What data is processed by Luxuryofhomes?
We collect various types of personal customer data for the purposes described in this Policy, including:
- Customer data (such as name, email address, mailing address, telephone number, nationality, residence and/or domicile, and other personal data) provided by the customer by filling out forms on the Website, including when subscribing to our newsletter and registering and creating an account on the Website.
- Data from any transactions Customers may have carried out;
- Personal data that may be contained in communications sent to us by the customer, for example, to report a problem or to forward requests, issues or comments regarding the Website or its contents;
- Other personal data that Customers voluntarily share with our agents;
- Information from surveys we may conduct over time on the Website for research purposes, where the customer chooses to respond or participate;
- Information regarding Customers’ use of and navigation on our Website, such as device identifiers, operating system and browser type, and information regarding the pages of the Website visited by Customers, collected through cookies or other tracking technologies on an anonymous basis;
- We may also collect information about how the Customer’s device interacted with us, including the pages visited and the links clicked, Customers’ preferences, the products and/or services viewed or searched for, computer crashes, download errors, and response times;
- Personal data collected from third parties, such as data that the customer agrees to share with us on publicly accessible social networks (e.g., Facebook, Instagram, etc.) and/or that we may collect from other publicly accessible databases;
The customer is under no obligation to provide such personal data. The provision of personal data by the customer (in particular personal details, e-mail address, postal address, telephone number) is necessary for us to process the quote and order for the purchase of products and/or provision of Services on the Website, for the provision of other services on our Website at the customer's request, or for the fulfillment of obligations under laws or regulations. Refusal by the customer to provide us with the data necessary for the pursuit of the above-mentioned purposes may make it impossible for us to process the order for the purchase of products on our Website or to fulfill the obligations provided for by laws or regulations. Failure to provide personal data may therefore constitute, in some cases, a legitimate and justified reason for not processing the order for the purchase of products on sale on the Site or not providing services on the Website.
The provision of additional personal data other than that required for the fulfillment of legal or contractual obligations and for the proper display of our services with the necessary traffic data is optional and has no effect on the use of the Site and its services or the purchase of products on the Site. The customer will be informed by us at each stage if the provision of personal data is necessary or optional through the presence of a symbol (*) on the requested information or data necessary for the purchase of products and / or the provision of services requested on the Site.
- Use of customer personal data
Any use of customer personal data is done on the basis of a lawful "justification" (or legal basis) for the use. In most cases, the processing of customer personal data is justified on the basis of one or more of the following premises:
- the processing is necessary for the performance of the contract with the customer or to perform the activities demanded by the customer in order to enter into the contract (e.g., sales contract);
- the data processing is necessary in order for us to fulfill our legal obligations;
- the processing represents our legitimate interests as a company and our interests do not override the interests, fundamental rights or freedoms of the customer. Our legitimate interests may include an interest in using your personal data for the performance and development of our business activities (including the carrying out of ordinary marketing activities), with existing or potential customers and users of the Site, and in the preparation, pursuit or defense of legal claims;
- the processing is based on the prior express consent of the customer, such as personalized and segmented marketing activities.
The purposes of customer personal data processing are as follows:
The processing of customers' personal data is justified as having the following legal basis:
Processing of customer purchases and provision of services and information offered through the Website and requested by the customer
Fulfillment of a contract
Customer Account Management
Fulfillment of a contract / legitimate interest of the Data Controller
Verification and performance of financial transactions related to payments made by the Customer
Fulfillment of a contract
Reviewing and downloading data from the Website
Our legitimate interest to learn more about our customers and to improve our services accordingly
Improving and personalizing our Website and our products, services and activities in general by tracking our customer's product preferences, purchase history and interactions with the Website.
Our legitimate interest in improving our products and services
Identification of visitors to the Website (limited to visitors accessing their own account).
Our legitimate interest to better acquaint ourselves with our customers and to improve our services accordingly.
Data analysis, market research purposes (surveys, customer satisfaction, etc.) and data enrichment.
On the basis of our legitimate interests in analyzing and learning how customers interact with the Site in order to improve products, services and our business in general.
Getting in touch with the customer to deal with requests or complaints.
Prior express consent of the customer / legitimate interest of the Controller / fulfillment of a contract.
Global or local marketing purposes (to send customers through Luxuryofhomes updates about our products and services, invitations and other marketing communications that may be of interest to them, via one of a number of channels including: (i) SMS, email, mail, Internet, social media or telephone, and (ii) to personalize the customer's experience with us based on their interests and purchasing habits (e.g., targeted communications) and improve our services, particularly through profiling, submission of similar targeted campaigns by selecting their advertising impressions through our websites.
Prior express consent of the customer
- Communication of the Customer's personal data
In order to enable the processing of quotations, inspections and the processing and execution of orders, we must disclose the customer's personal data to any of our partners and contractors or to our service providers who assist us in delivering the services we offer, processing transactions, fulfilling requests for information, receiving and sending communications, updating marketing lists, analyzing data, providing support services or performing other tasks over time. We undertake to ensure that our external partners take measures to protect the personal data of customers and maintain high security standards of systems to protect personal data.
Such disclosure does not require the consent of the customer.
For the sake of clarity, we will acquire the customer's express consent before sharing the customer's personal data with third party companies other than Luxuryofhomes for marketing purposes.
The customer's personal data will be accessible by authorized personnel of Luxuryofhomes, affiliated companies and service providers acting on our behalf, so that it is only accessible in case of necessity and for the sole purpose of fulfilling the contract. The transfer of the customer's personal data from the customer's country of residence to third countries where the Partners or companies with which we collaborate are located will be limited to the data strictly necessary to allow the execution of the contract and will only take place in cases of necessity and impossibility to locate third party Partners or companies in the customer's country of residence.
We may also respond to requests for personal data when required by law or when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights and/or to comply with legal proceedings, court orders, requests from supervisory authorities or other legal actions notified to us.
Personal Data will also be disclosed to entities, companies and/or Business Professionals in order to comply with legal and regulatory obligations of the Company.
We attach great importance to the security of all personal data relating to our users. We take security measures to protect personal data against accidental or unlawful destruction, accidental loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure or access. To best protect your personal data outside the limits of our control, we require that Customers’ devices must be protected (with up-to-date anti-virus systems) and that Customers’ internet service provider must take appropriate measures to secure data transmission over the network (such as firewalls and spam filters).
Although we do our best to protect the customer's personal data, we cannot guarantee that the personal data disclosed to us by the customer will be 100% secure nor that data breaches will not occur.
Customers accept the implications associated with online shopping and will not hold Luxuryofhomes or their relevant operators responsible for any data breaches unless it is due to our negligence.
- Retention of Customer Personal Data
As a general rule, we will only store customer personal data for as long as it is required for the purposes for which it was collected. We will typically retain a customer's personal data for 5 years after their last contact with Luxuryofhomes.
The last contact will be defined as the last contact initiated by the customer and traceable through our systems or by a salesperson.
Examples of such contacts include the last time a phone call, sales email, or meeting was offered to the customer, to which the customer responded in a positive manner by clicking, for example, on the link to our website included in the email. Opening an email received from Luxuryofhomes does not represent a final contact. Selecting a link in an e-mail message does constitute a last contact.
In some cases, however, we may retain personal data for longer periods of time, for example where we are required to do so in accordance with legal, tax or accounting requirements, up to a maximum of 10 years, subject to statutes of limitations and industry-specific regulations.
In specific cases, we may also retain customer personal data for longer periods of time that correspond to the applicable legal limits so that we have an accurate record of the customer's dealings with us in the event of complaints or disputes.
- Customer rights
Customers have the following rights with regard to their personal data:
- Right to revoke consent - where applicable, the customer has the right to revoke their consent at any time. For example, should the customer wish to unsubscribe from receiving marketing communications electronically, the customer will be able to change their account settings on the Website, to use the 'unsubscribe' link provided in our emails or to dial the TERMINATE number in our text message, or otherwise contact us directly and we shall stop sending the communications.
In the event that personal data is restricted from being processed as indicated above, we shall only process it with the customer's consent or for the preparation, exercise or defense of legal actions.
In the event that personal data is restricted from being processed in this way, we shall only process it with the customer's consent or for the preparation, exercise or defense of legal actions.
- Right to object to processing on the basis of legitimate interest - in the event that we process the customer's personal data on the basis of our legitimate interest, the customer shall have the right to object to the processing. In case of objection of the customer we are obliged to stop the processing unless we demonstrate legitimate prevailing reasons for the processing which override the interests, rights and freedoms of the customer or demonstrate the necessity of preparation, exercise or defense of legal actions. In the case of processing the customer's personal data on the basis of our legitimate interest, we deem that we are able to demonstrate the above-mentioned overriding legitimate reasons, but each case will be considered individually.
- Right to object to processing for marketing purposes - in the case of processing of the customer's personal data for marketing purposes, the customer will have the right to object to the processing at any time.
The customer shall also have the right to lodge a complaint with the local supervisory authority if they consider that the processing of their personal data violates applicable law, by using procedures at www.garanteprivacy.it.
For more information about customer rights or in case of any complaints or requests relating to the processing of the customer's personal data, please contact email@example.com.
Please note that we may ask for proof of identity and we reserve the right to charge a fee where permitted by law, for example where the customer's request is manifestly unfounded or excessive. We endeavor to respond to customer requests as soon as possible and in any case within the applicable timeframe.
We may change this Policy from time to time, for example, to comply with new requirements imposed by applicable law or technical requirements. We will post the updated Policy on the Website. We may also notify customers of material changes and seek customer consent to such changes where required by applicable law. Please review this page periodically.
* * * * * *
To learn more and to deny consent to cookies click here (active link linked to the Cookies policy below).
INFORMATION ON COOKIES AND OTHER TECHNOLOGIES
1.What is a cookie?
Cookies are text files containing small pieces of information that are stored on your device (computer, tablet, smartphone) when you visit a website. Cookies allow the site to "remember" the user's computer, but not specifically who is using it, and to make their browsing experience more enjoyable. By associating the identification codes of cookies with other information about the user such as, for example, data collected when the user logs in to the site, it is possible to know that the information contained in the cookie is about the user.
Cookies are generally used for a number of purposes, such as to enable users to navigate between the pages of a site efficiently, to enforce user preferences and, more generally, to improve user experience by personalising the site based on the user's browsing habits and profile. Cookies can also help ensure that the advertisements that are displayed to users online are more in line with them and their interests.
- What cookies do we use?
The Luxuryofhomes website uses different types of cookies, for various purposes, as explained in more detail in point 4 "Categories of cookies used on the Luxuryofhomes website" below.
In particular, Luxuryofhomes uses:
- A) session cookies: these are cookies that are only active for the duration of a browsing session. They are generally used to facilitate access to the services offered on the site, authenticate the user if he/she is a previously registered user and store the items placed by the user in the shopping cart;
- B) permanent cookies: these are cookies that are active for multiple visits. They are used to remember the user's preferences and memorize the actions performed during the visit to the site and with reference to the access to his account according to the settings of his browser.
Within these two main types of cookies, we can identify:
- C) technical cookies: these are cookies that allow the normal navigation of a site and make it optimal for each individual user because they save the preferences and navigation criteria of each. For this type of cookie, users' consent is not required.
- D) Analysis cookies: These cookies allow us to improve our website by monitoring and analyzing user behavior. In particular, this collection will take place in an anonymous way without storing IP addresses.
In order to analyze how the website is used, Luxuryofhomes.com also uses the web analysis service "Google Analytics" provided by Google (https://www.google.com/intl/it_it/analytics/learn/privacy.html).
The users, at any time, may refuse to accept all or some of the cookies used by our websites as each browser has specific configuration instructions.
For further information: Google Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=it
Mozilla Firefox: http://support.mozilla.org/it/kb/Attivare%20e%20disattivare%20i%20cookie
Internet Explorer: http://windows.microsoft.com/it-it/windows7/block-enable-or-allow-cookies
Google Analytics cookies can be disabled by the user, by following the procedure indicated by Google (https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=it).